Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Adventures in Portland

At the beginning of this school year I moved to Portland to go to PSU. It was a really big change for  me, because when I was little I had grown up on a 5 acre farm. Then later on I lived in the city of Wood Village with a population of around 3,000 in 600 acres. For one thing Portland is different. When I first moved here I noticed the tall building that are taller than any sequoia I have seen. And the people, lots of people.
Now that I have lived here for  8 months I come to the conclusion that Portland is not for me. I will stay here and get my associates degree while my fiancé finishes his bachelors degree and then we will be on another adventure to look for someplace new.
My next mini-adventure is to move from a 975 sqft apartment to a 450 sqft apartment closer to campus. Let's see how this goes. :) Hopefully Benjamin, his father, and I can draw up some design plans to build a free-standing bunked style loft. I move in this Sunday so let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dana's Twitter Feed